Telford Employers Agent & Contract Administration
The terms Employers Agent and Contract Administrator are a regular source of misperception yet in reality they are different names to describe an almost identical role. The only difference is that an Employers Agent performs the contract administration role within design and build contracts whereas the Contract Administrator performs the same contract administration role in traditional forms of contract.
The roles are further confused with the project management role but in basic terms project management covers the whole project lifecycle whereas the Employers Agent and Contract Administrator’s roles principally exist within the post contract phase, once a contractor has been appointed.
We understand the Employers Agent role
Record Associates are extremely familiar with both these roles and have executed the Employers Agent, Contract Administration and Construction Project Management roles on small (<£100k), medium (<£1m) and large (£1m+) contracts and will work in partnership with you to deliver your project on time, within budget and to the required quality considerations.
Equally importantly we understand the common areas of dispute and key conditions for success including:
- Avoidance or change
- Ensuring there are no errors or ambiguities in the documentation
- Establishing an orders of precedence to documentation
- Clearly setting out grey areas in roles and responsibilities
- Agreement of cost and programme impacts as part of any changes
- Specifically addressing key areas of dispute such as Concurrent Delay (see JCT News article)
- Maintaining a clear audit trail and communicating clearly
- Transferal of weather risk
- Clearly setting out design responsibilities for each element
- Establishing mutually agreed arrangements for valuation of completed works and certification of valuations
- Setting out key completion criteria
- Advance planning of commissioning and handover process
The full range of services offered by Record Associates are detailed below:
- Building Surveys
- Condition Surveys & Schedules of Condition
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Defects Diagnosis & Repair
- Dilapidations Consultancy
- Architectural Design
- Due Diligence & Assurance
- Development Monitoring
- Technical Advice
- Project & Programme Management
- Contract Administration / Employers Agent
- Strategic Property Advice
If you would like to discuss your situation, Ask the Expert about a specific enquiry or obtain a quotation then please Contact Us and we would be delighted to assist.